Monday, March 3, 2008

Proud of My Husband

Well the man that I share my life with is now and Illinois State Record Breaker!

Nick had a competition this weekend, and not only did he WIN, but he broke the IL State Record, for his weight division (300 lbs) for doing the Barbell Clean & Press at 245 lbs. for 8 reps.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of him breaking this record because I wasn't there :-(
But here are some pictures of the happy 1st place Strongman, COMPLETE with his newest "Trophy"/weapon.

All I can say is if someone breaks into our house, they are in serious trouble,
They would first have to get by the sweet but intimidating Wallace, then by Nick, then by Me! The trained warrior who now has access to two swords and this amazing throwing star thingy....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to Nick! Sorry that I totally forgot to ask how his comp went this weekend. Can we chalk it up to a cold medicine/fever induced haze?

Anonymous said...

woo hoo, nicky!!! great job. sadly, i can't get any photos to pop up with this post??? either way, it sounds like your house might be just as dangerous a place to burglarize as ours... for some of the same (kind of...) reasons. becca, check my site for a running update, to come soon... it's going well! today was official day one of my 12 week program...

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO NICK!!! Can I borrow your new flying Ninja thing next year for bowhunting?? Looks like it would git er done...See ya in a few days...

Reid

Anonymous said...

NOW i can see the picture. Nick is so cute. AND i can't stop laughing. it DOES look like it would git er done. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

seriously..i love him
ruthie

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB Nick!! I think that skill would mount nice on my HD.

Art

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB NICK...THAT STAR THING WOULD MAKE AN IMPRESSIVE BELT BUCKLE...DANGEROUS TO "PARTS SOUTH" BUT IMPRESSIVE...GOOD JOB!!! TOF

Anonymous said...

cool beans Nick! Once I can get the garage project settled I will get back on the trail to score a training tire for you.
todd