Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Happy!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Happy 10 Month Birthday Finnegan!
Well I must say that I am certainly feeling the "Luck o' The Irish" today. Just as you feel Thankful on Thanksgiving, I feel lucky today to have all the things I have in my life. My family, friends, my career, my health, just everything!
Here is a 10 month update!

Finnegan Eats:
More real food now! He is enjoying more solid foods in just about every category, we are working on adding something new as often as possible. New on the menu this week, pasta and cheese! Two of MY favorite foods to be sure. It fun to watch him use his two little teeth to mash everything up. Still no new teeth on the scene from that terrible week or two we had.

Finnegan Speaks:
Just this morning my little motor mouth was certainly telling me all about the ways of the world, hard to completely understand WHAT ways, um, exactly he was speaking of, but all in all his collection of sounds has grown a lot. He is now making ga, ca, cl, ba sounds. Still lots of da da's. Still NO MAMA! We are still reading to him like MAD, and hoping he continues to enjoy books as much as we both do.

Finnegan Sleeps:
Still very well! This morning when I came home from the gym at 7:30 he was still fast asleep, on his tummy! That was a first. I think he must have stirred awake a little earlier and rolled on to his belly and then just fell asleep that way. He is enjoying rolling around his crib and sleeping the night away.

Finnegan Moves:
Is he crawling yet? A common question asked of us these days, and the answer is still NO....the poor kid just has the darndest time. He is doing much better, pulling up to all fours, but the minute he tries to push forward, he pushes BACKwards on the hard slippery floors. My friends have assured me he'll figure it out, but I think it may be a quick transition into walking. When holding him these days he will do the "back arch of death" where he throws his body weight nearly out of your arms if you're not paying attention. So the interest in "not being in your arms" anymore is high....he just needs to learn how to GO! He has got the leg power!
Finnegan Looks:
Still like his Daddy. This update may be futile as he seems to just continue to look so much like Nick. The Toyota guy that changed our oil this month said to Nick, "Well you certainly can't question whether this one is yours!" Finn looks older to me! He has all this hair, his hands are bigger, his feet are bigger...he's longer. He's starting to feel "not so much like a BABY!" It kind of wigs me out. I don't know if it's his 1 year birthday so fast approaching...but it's hard to believe how much he's grown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way Cool report Becca!!! Figured he had a big Irish day yesterday!
love
dad

Anonymous said...

Yay for a new blog post! No crawling yet? That's ok! I am pretty sure he will be walking by the tim I see him next! I love the Irish sweatshirt. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

oh, your boy is so darn cute. i do hope i get to meet him in person this summer. can you believe he's nearly one year old?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

postscript- you are rocking your running goals this month. great work lady!

Anonymous said...

THAT LITTLE "IRISH" MAN HAS THE LEGS FOR DOING AN IRISH JIG...SKIP THE CRAWLING AND GET RIGHT TO IT!!..I LOVED THE 'FOOD FACE'..SORT OF LOOKS LIKE GERTIE AFTER A CANDY BREAK...REMEMBER??? HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT ST. PADDY'S DAY...CHICAGO MUST HAVE BEEN FUN..HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON...KEEP THE BLOG ROLLING...TOF