Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter's Finest

Hope all who read this had a wonderful Easter weekend!
We had a nice time with family and friends and enjoyed a lot of great food.
I ate a LOT......
Oh goodness. I have really been working hard on watching what I eat, as I diligently focus on shedding some poundage for all these races coming up. However, it's a holiday right?! You have to allow yourself SOME treats on a HOLIDAY!

Well I milked that excuse all weekend. Last night I ate my weight in what was probably the BEST ham I've ever tasted, and then Nick's aunt Moe made these DELICIOUS vanilla ice cream balls, rolled in amaretto liquor soaked amaretto cookies.....topped with fudge AND whipped cream. Phew. Needless to say I felt like GARBAGE on the treadmill this morning. My fault, can't even complain.

Finn had a great first Easter. Here a few pictures of him in his Easter duds.


The "SO BIG" trick came to fruition in a major way, just in time to impress all of Finn's great aunts and uncles and cousins. It was nice to spend some time with the Keaty's also. Finn was a little more stand-offish....a little worried about ALL the noise a group that big makes but he was keeping a close eye on all of the kids as they ran around, playing, whooping and hollering and looking for Easter eggs.

We were also so glad to see Nick's Papa, who had recently been in the hospital with a bout of pnemonia....here is a great Four Generations of Keaty's picture.

Have a great week! Will post more later.

4 comments:

Leanne Maily said...

what a beautiful photo of the keaty men!!!

sounds like a warm and fabulous easter weekend :) those amaretto cookies sound deelish!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS A GREAT PHOTO of the Keaty clan...Finn was truly stylin...!!!

dad

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Finn do So Big!

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOU FOLKS HAD A GREAT EASTER WEEKEND...AND LITTLE FINN WAS A QUIET THE FASHION-NISTA!!!..WHERE DI YOU FIND THAT JACKET/CAP??? GLAD HE LIKE THE DUCK...ANYTHING THAT MAKES NOISE IS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN FOR THE PARENTS!!!...THE KEATY MEN WAS A GREAT PHOTO...IT'S A KEEPER FOR SURE...AND FINN DOES LOOK LIKE DADDY!!!...AND GRANDPA KEATY TOO...TOF