Monday, March 31, 2008

Ahhh the Running!

Well a month has already flown by and I did reach my goal of running 45 miles in 4 weeks! I put in the remaining 2 I needed this morning and ran 2 more just for good measure.

My goals for April will be split. My "official" training for the Madison Half Marathon begins in the middle of the month, but I also have my Physical Training Test for the military towards the end of the month.

A tricky training situation. I need to be increasing distance to prepare for the Marathon, but also do speed training to run 2 miles as quickly as possible. Fun huh?

Thinking about doing some Pilates in there also to tighten up my Mama Belly....that can only help for both things.

Things I look forward to this month:
1) Feeling stronger
2) Losing a few more pounds hopefully
3) Running outside!!! Taking Finn with me in the jogger.
4) Passing my PT test

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bec! Got new running shoes (Finally...a year and a half later) and need to decide if I am going for the half marathon in May or not! Your'e my inspiration!

Becca said...

Thanks hon! You can TOTALLY do the half. You are so fit...honestly you would have no problems. And you're really lucky that you and Nate can train together! I often wish Nick and I could work out together :-) Seriously now, you can do it. Hope you don't get all that snow.

Anonymous said...

Go Get Em Girls!!! I think I'm going to start running to Liberty instead of driving....may be a problem getting home though:))!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

becca-keep up the good work! i've been running outside all week and it's been so nice (i hurt my knee a bit, so that sucks, but i'll keep trucking!) i got your email and i need to give you a call. i would LOVE to have you guys here soon, but that first weekend in may there is a benefit for steve and his family up north, and i'm planning on going... will call you this weekend so that we can chat. and, greta, if i can run this thing, you sure as hell can do it, too!!

Greta Hanson said...

I want some Finn pics!

Anonymous said...

REBECCA...OH MY GOD...YOU'RE AN ANIMAL...I'M TOO OLD TO EVEN THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING...GO GIT 'EM...JUST REMEMBER TO BREATHE,OK?..AND KEEP THAT BROWN BAG HANDY...I'M WALKING THE DOG..GOOD,HUH?...TOF

Leanne Maily said...

HOLY shitake. 45 miles in 4 weeks. you are crazy awesome, girl! crazy awesome.