Thursday, March 27, 2008

One Spring Day

Now I apologize to those still frozen in this ridiculous cold wintery hell, but by the grace of GOD, we had ONE GLORIOUS DAY of spring this week. And I want to blog about it!

It was fleeting but we grabbed that day and RAN outside. How foreign it was, to take deep, gulping breaths of semi -warm air. (I think it was like 45 out) not warm by any means but warmer. It was the weather that reminded me of being on campus at UW.....the minute it broke 45 the flip flops and tube tops came out.

We are lucky to have a great little park right next door to our condo. I remember thinnking when Nick and I were look at condo's in Hyde Park.....
"Oooh, how nice! How great it will be when I have a little baby, we can just come right here to the park."

The last two years or so have gone by.....I would walk the dog past and see all of the families playing with their kids. And now it's our turn! I look forward to spending lots of time with Finn and all the neighborhood kids playing this spring and summer.
Here are some pictures of Finnegan LOVING the swing. He just loved it. Squeals and giggles!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! Can't wait to see you guys again. And let me just say we have like 4 more days before it is even supposed to break 40. It was 15 degrees on Monday up here. Nice huh? BTW..5 inches of snow today/tomorrow. I love MN.

Anonymous said...

I want to see Dad in the swing...same pose as the Finn Man..:))

dad

Anonymous said...

aw. how cute. i'm anxious, too, for warmer weather. we got 8 inches of the white stuff on good friday. i was NOT dreaming of a white easter. but i got one. hmpf.

Anonymous said...

Nice pix. Can't wait for the good weather and get you kids out on the boat. I can see Finn water skiing soon.

Uncle Todd.

Leanne Maily said...

awww. talk about wish fulfillment! that's gotta be so cool from a long time coming! love that closeup! such glee!

reminds me of his daddy!