Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sunny Sunday with S&A

Last weekend we had the pleasure of brunch with two of our favorite people Shanna & Andrew.
They introduced us to a great brunch spot.
We all cracked up as the waitress had been at the table for about 2 seconds when Finn, shouted "Pancakes please!" She said, "Well I guess he is ready to have me take your order!"

The food was delicious and so was the company.
We ducked into the amazing clothing boutique, I loved EVERYTHING inside, Finn found a little step stool to take a rest on...

And as we feasted on brunch in the outdoor patio, I spotted a Chicago bakery icon, Dinkel's on the horizon. So it wasn't ENOUGH for me to enjoy a gluttonous brunch, I suggested that we walk over to the bakery AFTER WARDS to secure even more baked goods, (for later in the day naturally!). I purchased a doughnut and cupcake for me, and an ice cream cone cookie for Finn.

Little did I know that Andrew also had purchased a cookie for Finn....
Hopefully his Papa never sees THESE photos :)


It was overall just a beautiful day. Finn is so taken with Andrew and Shanna...and we love any and ALL time spent with them.

4 comments:

ANG* said...

frasca is one of my absolute fave places in the city. brunch with their bottomless mimosas and amazing BLT and those cheesy potatoes or dinner for their amazing wood grilled pizzas. and their meat and cheese plates! and their wine list! ahhhh i could go on and on. glad you got to try it :)

Anonymous said...

eric and i used to live right there! it always torture walking by dinkel's on the way to/from the gym...

Greta Hanson said...

Could Finn look any happier with that ginormous cookie?

Unknown said...

We had such a great morning with you three!
I was wondering if Finn slept at all that night, with his day packed full of sugar!! :) Love Love Love that little guy.
Thanks for the very sweet blog post.