Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Let him eat CAKE!

More fun photos from the birthday weekend!
Finn loved his Dairy Queen ice cream cake, also a favorite of mine! (thank you Mom!)



He sunk his teeth right into it and licked up all that blue icing.
He absolutely FREAKED blowing out the candles.
I don't really know that he's ever blown candles out...so it was hysterical just watching him try to figure out the mechanics of blowing. And then he'd almost get scared....wondering when indeed the candle would blow out! And when it did he would LAUGH and SHRIEK and pump his fist in the air, and say, "Again?!" And so we did. Over and Over and Over.
Apparently this is the exact same thing my sister did when SHE turned 2.
I believe it was that same Auntie Greta that captured this hilariousness on video...so hopefully she'll post that so I can show you.

BUT! I think my photos do a pretty good job at setting the scene also ;)


It was a great day, and I'm looking forward to celebrating it all over again with Nick's family next Sunday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finn could be the pirate Blue Beard by the one photo.
Great photos.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Yeaah! You sure did capture the fun. When will my photos be at WalGreens? Can't wait. Love, Mom

Ali said...

Super duper fun... and adorable. Happy birthday to the big two year old!!! (Unbelievable how time goes so fast...)

emily said...

what a beautiful fam.
love you guys.