Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Finn is 18 months old!

It has been too long since I have done an official Finn update....so here is all of the latest and greatest going on in his life on the week of his 18 month birthday.

FINN MOVES


Oh lord does he ever! :-) This child is in constant motion. Running and sometimes walking...it is truly remarkable how quickly he can get around. He is now motoring about and figuring out the ways of the house. He know's where his coat is kept and will go and fetch it if you ask him. And is fastidious...he will pick up a leaf that has blown into the house...or a small bit of paper garbage off the floor, walk into the kitchen...open the pantry door, throw the garbage/leaf away and then shut the door. His first chore! Get this kid an allowance :-) Next thing you know Grandpa Reid will have him licking envelopes down at the office!! Finn also KICKS! Thank you Auntie Greta! She taught him how a few months ago and he has been practicing. Will often say the word, KICK when he knows I am on the phone with her...or sees her photo. Finn will get a chance to put his kicking skills to use very soon! Nick is signing him up for the neighborhood Lil' Kickers soccer program to help pass the long winter days. It will also be nice for Finn to meet some more kids to play with and get his chance at catching some type of cold I'm sure.
FINN EATS

No not duck...but you never can get enough of Ming Ming!
Pretty well! I think we are doing a fairly decent job of exposing him to new tastes, foods....etc. A new thing lately is with some foods he'll almost break out around the mouth with a reddish rash. After he is done eating it goes away. It's not always the same foods....it's weird. He really loves broccoli right now...peas.....still a big lover of fruit. Kashi waffles are a standard breakfast staple...(are those Kellogg's Greta?!) He loves CHEERIOS of course, (he really does, I'm not just saying that) All the standard stuff.
FINN SPEAKS



Often. This is one super verbal kid. Or so we've been told. He is always yapping....saying new words everyday. He is really into the mimic stage...if he is playing in the kitchen and Nick and I are talking about something, the last word of each of our sentenes...he'll repeat. With some prompting we are even getting I Love You's. Breaks my heart. He is very regular with his Please and Thank-You's....and will say Hi! to anyone and anything that is willing to listen. He is a TOTAL ham...(shocking, my son, I know) when we go out to eat, which happens pretty often (one of the most amazing things about Chicago) he is quick to try and make friends with the people sitting next to us. Often VERY close next to us. The other night we were out for sushi and Finn was determined to make the scholarly and not "child fond" couple aware of the two colors of the walls of the restaurant. BLUE he would say, and then point to the wall. YELLOW he would say, and then point to the other wall...and when THAT wasn't working he tossed in WINDMILL for good measure. Hey! Some people just aren't baby people...but he does what he can.

FINN LIKES

He is still a lover of books! Which is awesome. But has ALSO realized recently that he loves his "IDEOS" (videos) He asks for them often and he does get to watch one or two a day.....but it was so crazy to me that he went from indifferent to in love with the videos almost overnight. He also really likes to color...which is awesome, because I do too...and find it not only fun but relaxing. He plays with his animals and his barn....still likes throwing balls and playing with his cars.
FINN LOOKS


Like Nick still? Like Me? The verdict is mixed....most will still say Nick. But more people are saying they see me. Tough to say. He will be due for another haircut soon! I will say, he must take after me because his hair grows like a weed! It is losing some of it's blondness with it not being summer....his eyes are still very very dark...and will most likely be brown or hazel like Nicks :-)

And for some live and in living color action, a video....or IDEO as Finn would say!

10 comments:

Norbyah said...

He is SO cute!!! I just love the video of him...live action of Finn. I feel so much like I know you since I read your posts all the time. Did you have trouble uploading the video? I've had issues trying to upload video to mine so I had to import from youtube. Anyhow, great post. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Agh...I love this post, but I HATE how much it makes me miss Finn. I can't believe I have to wait more than another month to see him! :( KICK FINN KICK!

Anonymous said...

YEA FOR FINN'S 18 Month blog update....!!!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

I can see Finn water skiing this summer.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

i think he is waaay bigger than em and i saw him! getting cuter by the day!! it's funny, i think my dad has video of me at this age in my crib, starting my dad and i'm talking and talking...tho i definitely don't have that much hair!! hope to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Ok...after watching that video, I realized I need to get a good dose of you all ASAP. Oh my, he is just too precious! Love and miss you all!
-gina

emily said...

wonderful. you know, when theo was 18 moths old, i was pregnant with emmett. i'm just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

Great Post. Usually Uncle Todd has the best comments but I think Emily beat him this time!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

HEY...RME!!! THANK FOR THE GREAT CATCH-UP ON THE FINN MAN!!!I WISH I COULD/WILL GET MY HANDS ON HIM SOON...KEEP ME POSTED OF XMAS VISIT...AND TO THINK YOU THOUGHT THIS KID WOULD NEVER GET TO WALKING!!! WHAT A GUY!!!GIVE HIM A BIG HUG FROM TOF!!!!

Maggie said...

Of course you two have a fantastic kid! The video is such a treat...can't wait too long to see you all again...don't want Finn to forget who I am now that he knows my name:)