Thursday, September 4, 2008

Turning 30

(sorry this post is so late, I"m practically 31 by now)


So I have officially turned 30!

And it feels really good. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration or for a better day.

I was SURPRISED to say the least, when Nick planned this fantastic party, at one of my favorite restaurants, Piece, invited all of my closest family and friends! Creating a new email account, sending out an Evite and also convincing REID to make the trip was above and BEYOND. I want to thank my awesome husband for throwing me such an amazing bash.
Delicious beer, pizza, red velvet cupcakes, Rainbow cakes....I was in heaven.
There was also some "later in the evening shananigans" lots of beer consumed, and then the almighty shots. Lemon Drops and Tequila. Can never ever say no.
Here are some photos from the great party....Greta also got some really good ones.




The day of my actual 30th birthday was also nothing short of amazing.
Here is how I spent it:
1) got up early and ran 9 miles

2) picked up the boys! went out for breakfast, ate french toast and bacon
3) took Finn to the beach for the first time! splish splashed in the lake, and took in the views.

4) came home, showered, and then went downtown to do some SHOPPING, a very favorite pastime. Sipped on bubbletea as I did so. Heaven.
5) Nick picks me up, with my hands full of new clothing purchases! (pants that fit! Yay!)and we orderedout my favorite sushi.

What a great day.
Here are some pictures of us on the beach near our house.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH - - - FINALLY!
I am so glad you had such a memorable 30th with many activities.
How did Nick get a "Farmer Tan" in Chicago (or as Finn says: Cago)??
I had not seen the beach photos.
What an adorable fam!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Awww...very cute Finny pics. I feel life coming back to me now that you have posted again. Whew...balance has been restored to the world.

emily said...

great post. love the beach pictures, too. look at you, fantastic in a BIKINI!! hot mama.

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures....Wonders never cease getting me to the Big City....

Dad

Ali said...

Looks like a SUPER FUN party and a fabulous birthday...!!

Anonymous said...

Hey RME...looked like mighty fine gala...and Finn is Fantastic...he's the best gift you could have on a daily basis...and Grandpa Ekern came to the big city too...now that's a gift!!!!TOF/CAD