Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ICE ICE BABY


It's On People.
If I am willing to dip my entire lower half into a tub of freezing cold water, you know it's getting serious.
I pulled something in my knee/leg this weekend and I am on a break from running this week to try and heal. I know....first long run out as a 30 yr old and look at what happens. Har Har.
I might be addicted to running. When I hurt my knee, I cried! I have been working so hard training for this marathon, that NOTHING better stand in my way. I had a hardcore pity party for 2 days....and now I am ready to get fired up, rest and get back at my training.
Off until maybe Friday, and then I am still going to try and run the Chicago Half on Sunday!
I LOVE YOU ALEVE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll say it before your mother does...Better keep close watch on that knee, no race is worth ending up on the cutting table for....I do hope it gets better, but I don't know about running this sunday...looks pretty swollen to me..
Always a dad

Anonymous said...

this pic is even better than the facebook pic. you might need to switch....

Anonymous said...

GO BECCA GO!

You can do it! But as Dad says...Don't overdo it.

LOVE YA!

Becca said...

Don't worry Dad. My knee isn't actually swollen at all. It's just fat and a bad angle. That is my leg totally bent, so yeah :-) I will be careful I promise. Plus! Pirates are totally in right now. A peg leg would come in super handy for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Knee or leg? Could be many things. Ice is a great tool. Listen to your body, let it be the guide. In my younger years I would often turn up the radio so I could not hear my body, pop some tylenol-ibuprofen-aleve-mountain dew combo because they interlace and you get more bang for your buck. Or if I could score some vikies, 2 vikes, 2 beers then warm and fuzzy the rest of the night. Better living thru modern chemestry. Now I am paying the piper.
Uncle Todd

emily said...

i love you, becca's uncle todd. (just wanted to share that.)