Monday, September 15, 2008

Finn's First Sox Game

Happy Monday!
Thought I would post up some pictures from last week.
A Finnegan First!
His first White Sox Game.

We had a great time.


Went with some free tickets I had gotten from work. We were PRETTY high up and now with Finn wanting to be on the move move move all the time were a little worried about how it would go. But! He was great. Since it was a night game and he was a little sleepy...he was pretty content to just chill and take it all in.


All of the lights, music, loud yelling, fireworks, etc. seemed to overwhelm him at times, but all in all he seemed to have fun. I loved though that the two things he incessantly pointed out and said were, "Moon!" which he could easily see from where we were, and "Bugs!" the heavy swarms flying by the big flood lights around the stadium.



I completely went overboard with the baseball food. Corn Dog, soft pretzel, FUNNELCAKE? Seriously now. I don't know what got into me. I felt SO sick after eating all of that garbage. But your son only goes to his first baseball game once right?
The game was pretty slow, until the end, when the Sox had a chance to rally for a win, but didn't. Bummer.



It was a great time, an event I think we had all been looking forward too. As I looked around at all of the other "boys" going to a game, at various ages....most wearing the jersey of their favorite player, almost all toting a mitt...I got really excited for all of the future games to come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Looks like the Keaty Clan was in full White Sox mode!!! P.S. What's the Yoder thing Nick has growing on his chin....

Dad

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Can't wait to see him in FIVE days!! Break open some wine!

Maggie said...

Could Finn be any cuter? Glad you all had fun!

emily said...

aw, shucks. i hate to have to be the one who says this, especially considering how cute you all look in your sox gear, but, "go brewers!!! go packers!!!" phew. just had to get that off my chest.

Lovesfool said...

Should've gone to a cubs game...

Anonymous said...

Lovesfool you certainly are a fool! We don't watch the flubs..

GO SOX!!!!


Erin

Becca said...

Alright! I have started my first cross-city sports team fight on my blog. I have arrived :-)

Anonymous said...

GO CUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBIES!!!!!
YES, I SAID CUBS!!!! TOF