Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's the Small Things

I am feeling a little worn out.
There has been a lot going on with my family, work, everything.

We made a trip up to WI to spend time with my grandpa who is ending his battle with cancer.

There was an amazing party for him, to recognize and thank him for the 53 years of driving school bus, I will certainly be blogging about that soon. He is just really starting to suffer, and you just want so badly for the pain to be over for him.

Work is nuts. I am currently trying to mastermind an event where I am coordinating close to 200 volunteers for 2 days, in 2 locations to move 100K books through the city of Chicago from 10 storage units to across town and then moved into our new warehouse on Super Bowl Weekend.

They all need to be fed! And followed up with, confirmed! Then there is all the media to contact to let them know we are even doing this....whew!

So I was reminded by a simple scene at my house when I got home from the gym yesterday morning, that things are okay. And that family is what matters most and to really remember to appreciate the small things.

Here is what I came home to; my two boys, all snuggled in bed. And you can guess that I promptly jumped into bed to join in on the reading of "Chocolate Chippo Hippo" one of the new favorites.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bec--good post. I'm glad things happened how they happened for you yesterday. It always feels best when you stand up for yourself when you know something isn't right. I'm proud of you because it is one of the toughest things to do especially in your situation...Keep on keeping on girlfriend! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

agreed. great post. sounds like you've been having a rough couple of days. i'm thinking of you guys, of your grandpa. you do have two precious boys there. hold onto them tightly. love you.

Anonymous said...

what a great post. the picture of your guys puts everything into perspective.

Anonymous said...

Keeping you & your family in my thoughts and prayers during this challenging time. Sending lots of positivity your way! Love the photo - and image of you all snuggled....some times you get just what you need.

Love,
Meg

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO FREAKIN CUTE. that picture of your boys, oh my good golly goodness!

and I know we really need a good stress buster catch up soon--- you really are wonderwoman. hope you get a brain break soon...!