Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This is for Jessica

So as you can see on the right hand side of my blog, I am listing the books that I am reading right now.

Lo and behold someone out there is taking them as serious considerations and also reading them. SO cool! But when talking to her (Jessica) I realized that I don't always LOVE every book, so maybe to tip her and others off to the really good one's I should blog about them.

So here goes, my first foray into reviewing books!

Personal Days by Ed Park - Work for me in the past month or so has been....we'll just say.... has been less then fun..... SO! I picked up this funny book about work/life/corporate culture situtations in attempt to lighten my mood about some things. And it did a pretty good job. This book is split in three sections: it's like reading an episode of The Office TV show. The first two sections were really funny, I enjoyed them. Third section.....not so much. It is a 20 page, unpunctuated narrative "email." It's so weird, and it totally ruined the book for me.
So! Like every good reviewer you need a thumbs up or thumbs down...so I give this a:
NOT SO MUCH - enjoyed the humor in the beginning and the rest was just bleh. And now you know!

9 comments:

ANG* said...

where do you find the time to read so much!????

Becca said...

Every spare waking moment between mommying, working, running, eating and sleeping. Just ask Nick sometime. ALWAYS have my nose in a book, whenever humanly possible. I think I would read in the shower, urgh...somehow if I could. I love it you know, GOTTA make time to do what you love most. Funny pic of you BTW... :-)

Anonymous said...

OH! Thank you Thank you Thank you!! Not only do I get a review, I get my name in the title of a post. The small things that make me happy.... and I'm the same way about books. I read on the treadmill while running (makes the miles go faster), I read in the precious few minutes between my shower and kids waking, I read instead of cleaning (emily will vouch for that). thanks again for the review. (greta???)

Anonymous said...

i KNEW jessica would love having her name in the title of your post. seriously, i think she's read almost every book you've put on your list. i know she'll find this new idea of yours helpful. me? i love to eat most, which is probably why i still have 10 lbs to lose. maybe i should read more...

Anonymous said...

If you are going to read in the water I can personally attest to National Geographic. I was scuba diving in our underwater treadmill at work one weekend looking for leaks and just to pass the time I drug a National Geographic mag with me to pass the time...an hour later it was still in very good shape.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

First of all---Todd, you are hilarious. I love all of your comments. Second--Since Becca and I tend to read many of the same books, I will leave the reviewing to her! But...I will try to fill in when I am reading some random book I know she isn't!

Anonymous said...

I try to read books with pictures...my head hurts less then.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

RME...YES,KEEP THE REVIEWS COMING...I TRY TO READ WHAT YOU AND GERTIE READ...USUALLY ARE WINNERS...OH, I DONATED 12BX. OF HARDBOUNDS TO OUR "LOCAL" GOODWILL CENTER...HURT TO DO IT BUT GOODNESS I HAVE SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR...MORE BOOKS!!!!...THANKS GOODNESS FOR THE FLOODS..HELPED ME CLEAN OUT BOOKS...I THOUGHT OF YOU WHEN I DROPPED THEM OFF...THEY WILL BE USED FOR SURE!!...KEEP READING GIRL!!! TOF

Leanne Maily said...

this is so funny because I was just going to dedicate a reading post to you, becca! it'll be up shortly. :)