Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catching Up

So I realize I have been slacking.
And I have been posting about slacking. That is BORING.
So I am COMMITTED to blogging EVERY night this week to catch up on my OWN life!Here is what you have to look forward to reading about!
Wednesday night: Nick Update - Nationals in Iowa, 2nd Father's Day
Thursday night: Finnegan Update - Growing like a Weed
Friday night - Keaty Family Road Trip to Visit Auntie G and Uncle Nate
Saturday - Impending Doom or otherwise known as Annual Training
Sunday - The Runners Club

But right now! The Half Marathon and our Visit with the Samson Family
Memorial Day Weekend we had the wonderful pleasure of staying with my friend Emily and her family. Emily and I lived on the same floor my freshman year, same as Nick! We have always stayed close and it was just really special to share some time with her and her amazing family.

Emily's husband Dave is great, he cooked for us and tended to us all weekend. Her sons Theo and Emmett are amazing! They took such good care of us, making us feel more than at home. The boys played together really well, Wallace made the trip and hung out in their outdoor kennel. Emily also blogged our visit, you can read it here. She says it best; it was a very comfortable weekend, easy and just really really nice. I throughly enjoyed the time we spent with them. It is so wonderful to see someone that so totally embraces being a Mother. And Emily is a very good one. I can't wait for our next visit.

The Race!
I must admit I was a little nervous for the half marathon. I was REALLY feeling burnt out a couple of weeks before the race and I just stopped running! My knee was really bothering me and my body was just really tired. So I listened and took a break. I am glad I did as the race went really well.
I felt rested.....strong, and confident! We had quite the group of ladies and we started out fast and furious. I felt really strong! My friend Lauren struggled for a little bit and I doubled back a few times for her and ended up going it alone at the end. The last three miles were TOUGH, but when I found out that I was only a few minutes behind the original pack I felt better about my time. And Lauren finished a few minutes behind me. So all in all we did really well.
I finished in about 2:16 minutes. Not bad for an almost thirty year old Mom! My last race I was 2 months pregnant, so not shabby at all. I started back running seriously in January. As I look at the miles I have ahead of me for this full Marathon I am not sure what I have gotten myself in to, but am up for the challenge!
Here are some pictures from Race Day!




6 comments:

Leanne Maily said...

yay! can't wait to read the updates this week! :) love the pics- you are so strong and so fast, I can barely cover 3 miles! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Don't tease me B....you know I will be desparate to check your blog every morning since you promised a new post every day. You wouldn't want me to cry at 8:01 in my cube would you? But seriously...Congrats on the half marathon...looking forward to hearing alla bout teh training for the full!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for you to add the feature where you rate the books you've read..... I've enjoyed several on your list and Greta's!

Anonymous said...

hooray, a new post. i was gone for a few days and happy to come home to something new on your site. we loved having you guys here SOOOO INCREDIBLY MUCH and we can not wait to do it again. soon. love you much.

Anonymous said...

run Forest run!
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Where is Thursday's blog?!?! Come ON! After last night, this was what gave me enough energy to turn on my computer this morning