Monday, December 3, 2007

Firsts!

Well this SURE was an interesting weekend!
A weekend of many firsts.

1) This weekend was the FIRST weekend in the 12 years of my military career that I have gone to drill on the wrong weekend. That's right people, on Friday evening, I sat through rush hour, taped my eyelids open and made it to Madison, only to find out that I actually have drill NEXT weekend. I swore a lot, felt a little ill, and then had to get back into my car and drive all the way back because the weather was going to be just NASTY (which it was) on Saturday. Good thing I had all the adrenaline, anger and thoughts of "How in the hell did this happen" to keep me awake for the trip home. The worst part is that it's next weekend, I have a huge work event to run and I'm going to miss seeing all my friends before the holidays AND a dear friend of mine's retire party. I SUCK.
2) Another first, Nick's first eye exam! While this may seem unmomentous to some, it was not at our house. Nick has been complaining of being blind for quite some time now, and he finally went and saw the doctor! So Saturday he battled with his dialated peepers and thank goodness Finn wasn't afraid of his Daddy's new look. Pictures of his new specs forthcoming!

3) Finnegan's first Christmas tree is the third First! He loves staring at the lights and I must say we had a lot of fun decorating it too!



4) This last one, is the first time I've ever used the blender we got for our wedding. Needless to say I didn't really read the instruction manual. FYI....banana, blueberry, peach smoothie is a

#($*&#(%*&!!! to clean up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like someone needs the magic bullet...heheheh :)

Anonymous said...

the blender deal, is another classice DHARMA deal!!! Way to go!!
love
dad