Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Two Weddings, A Marathon and A Dinner Date

WHEW!
This weekend was amazing. I'm exhausted and it was totally worth it.
We started out on Saturday night with a wedding. Nick's best friends little sister got married, it was a beautiful ceremony and the party was grand! Surrounded by great people and celebrating an amazing couple.

Sunday morning we were up early and headed out to cheer on Nick's cousins who were running the Chicago Marathon. Unfortunately the day was a disaster..... You can read about cousin Kristen's experience in her letter to the Editor of the Sun Times here:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/commentary/letters/594469,CST-EDT-vox09a.article

It was so messed up. A thirty five year old man died! There were ambulances everywhere. People passing out left and right. NO water! or Gatorade! Just total chaos.

I felt really bad for Colleen as this was her first marathon experience. I know how hard she trained and I'm sure it was a huge disappointment for her. But they were really good sports. Just watching the marathon was SO motivating and inspiring. I have always wanted to do one. I ran my last race, a half marathon, when I was 2 months pregnant with Finnegan! And I'm eager to get back at it. So maybe next year Colleen can train me.

Then from the marathon, we ran home, showered, got into our finest duds to attend what I am sure will be the most extravagant wedding I will ever attend.

My old boss Gen got married this weekend to Dan, my new boss Stacy's brother...kind of confusing I know. The wedding was at Cafe Brauer, in the Lincoln Park Zoo, right downtown.
The Bride came to the "altar" in a GONDOLA.....complete with a striped shirted man rowing and the whole bit. It was very extravagant. The roses.....size of a desssert plate, honestly and all just beautiful. Here are a few pics.




Then! Monday night we dashed off to the northside to visit with our dear friend Megan. She showed us her awesome new condo, and we ordered pizza in and hung out and caught up. Megan was the one to give Finnegan a onesie that is in HIGH rotation at our house, the pirate ship, and I squeezed him in it so she could see him wearing it for what might be the last time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you! i love the pirate onesie. theo had a t-shirt that erin gave him when he was born, with a picture of andy warhol on the front. it was definitely our favorite and i squeezed him in it as long as i could. now i get to pull it out for emmett!! (although he got one from norbyah with a little nest on it and the word "hatch" which i think is going to be my favorite for him.) looks like you guys had a great weekend, minus the marathon disaster. :( i'm planning on running the madison half next may. you could join me?! love you!