Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Dad is Stronger than Your Dad

This weekends activities included Mama heading to Madison for her weekend of drill and Nick and Finnegan heading up to Viroqua.
Nick had a Strongman Competition on Saturday in LaCrosse.
So while I wasn't there, it apparently was a gorgeous day, Nick was suprised by all the people that showed up to cheer him on.
My Mom, Grandpa, Uncle Arthur and Aunt Janet, and my other Uncle Tom and his girlfriend Nancy.


This competition was a 'practice' for the National competition that Nick had already qualified when he won the Chicago competition back in April. Here he is flipping an 800 lb tire.

Nick also was very successful with his deadlift! He and this other guy below were tied for 1st place and Nick won the tie breaker by deadlifting 630 lbs on an axel! And just to show the "crowd" that he was worthy of the win, he added another 50 lbs. for a 680 lb. total which was a national record for the axel deadlift.
Unfortunately, Nick hurt his leg pretty seriously on the tire flip.
So there is a good chance he won't be able to compete at Nationals this year.
What a bummer. But he did amazing, we're very proud of him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray nicky!!! i hope his leg is okay?!?! you know, you could CALL ME when you are in madison for drill...

Lora Maria said...

your husband is SO strong! Not that you didn't know that, but WOW! I only see this kind of stuff on tv, and it's all questionable when it comes from "the box" =) It's cool to see a real guy/husband/daddy who can do that!

I love that last picture of he and Fin. Yeah, Fin looks like his daddy. I can't tell which one makes the other look cooler? That pic. is priceless. you should be proud of them both.
adorable!

Becca said...

Emily!
I know, I WILL call you I promise. I will get my next few months drill dates to you and we will pick one for me to come and hang out with you. Good luck with your solo week :-) You'll be great.
Love ya!

Joneszxuf said...

hooray nicky!!! i hope his leg is okay?!?! you know, you could CALL ME when you are in madison for drill...

Cynthiapslz said...

hooray nicky!!! i hope his leg is okay?!?! you know, you could CALL ME when you are in madison for drill...