Monday, August 23, 2010

Feeling sentimental

I think this is probably normal....
Right before a major life change....
To stop, reflect, and take in what is around you.

And what around me is this:

and this:



My first born.
Finnegan.
Just him.

and so very soon....that will simply not be the case!
There will be ANOTHER....
Imagine.
Another little BOY to add wonder, excitement, challenge and laughter to our lives.

And THIS little boy....

(Who is now FULLY POTTY TRAINED by the way - BOOYAH)

Is all I know.
And I have loved him with all my heart since his arrival.
I hope he stays the same, and doesn't lose the amazing things that make him, him.
His love of people
His friendliness
His outgoing and giving nature
His easy going disposition
His ability to play and chill and be on his own.
His willingness to say, "I love you" unprompted....all the time.

I can only hope and wish and hope that this new baby is HALF as kind and wonderful to us as you have been Finn.
(Like when you slept through the night...remember?! RIGHT away?!)

Sigh....soon soon, time will tell what changes are in store for us.
But what I DO know...is that there is a very real excitement and love already stored up for this new baby.

So come new baby!
Let all of us love you.

Add Image

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be feeling sentimental too, because I'm in tears from reading this! So very sweet, Becca. You guys are so blessed, and deserve every single bit of it!! What a beautiful family you and Nick have created...soon to be even better and bigger!

love you,
gina

Anonymous said...

Great Post Rebecca...Can't wait for Little Leo...I'm sure Finnegan will be the best big brother ever!!!

dad

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was hoping for 1 more post prior to Leo's arrival. Finn is terrific and I am sure he will be a great big brother and a big helper. Good Luck - Thursday is by guess so get some rest these next couple of days :) Love, Mom

Emily said...

PLEASE have this baby on Thursday! Marna and Randy are coming this weekend! What a family affair it will be! :) So excited for the little nugget. Still excited about Finn's growing mind and personality! Take it easy this week <3

Anonymous said...

I cried too (and I'm usually a hard ass). You are such a great mom!

~Megan

Greta Hanson said...

Awww B. Love you. Love Finn. Love Nick. And already love little Leo, although I am sure I will only love him more once he is HERE!!! My guess is next Tuesday night.....although I am hoping for this weekend :)

emily said...

oh, honey.

i'm all wrapped up in your words. your boys are the luckiest boys i know.

i love you, and i can't wait to hear that little leo's arrived. tell finn to call emmett if he needs some help figuring out the big brother role... it's a work in progress here.

xo

Meghan said...

You deserve mad props, because I "she-who-doesn't-like-children-with-the-exception-of-finn" teared up. You and Nick should write a book about how to make smart children who sleep through the night and potty train at the snap of a finger. just put a pic of finn of the cover and you've got a best seller on your hands.
Have a great week! Enjoy that belly - I suspect it won't be here too much longer (can I put $5 on Friday?)

Norbyah said...

oh becca, i just know exactly where you are. loving every minute of things as they are just at this moment in your life, but also anticipating something very special and looking forward to this new little life and how he will add to your already wonderful family. and how the love that is already there for little leo will just expand when he actually arrives. thank you for sharing these pics and your feelings. i love it. it's what i remember when i had ella and cally. good luck. can't wait to 'meet' him.

xo
n

Anonymous said...

I have been peeing on trees at home in hopes of osmotically training Finn (I wear a tin foil hat for better transmission). It sounds like it worked.
Of course we have 3 trees to cut down now...but I think it was worth it.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

YEAH FOR POTTY!!! KNEW HE'D CATCH ON FAST!!!THE GREAT FINNY!!! AND THE 25TH HAS COME AND GONE AND NO LEO!!! GUESSED WRONG ON THAT ONE...HE'LL COME WHEN HE RIPE...KEEP ME POSTED...GREAT PIC OF YOU AND FINN-MAN...LOVE TO ALL...TOF IN IOWA!!!